Having a therapist is a unique experience unlike any other relationship. The therapeutic alliance is designed to promote self confidence, self acceptance, autonomy, and improved relational skills with a fellow traveler to offer a guiding light along the way.
Do you hesitate to share your feelings with others?
Do you find yourself taking care of others and leaving your own needs for last?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then individual therapy could be the solution you’ve been seeking. Individual therapy differs from group or alternative therapy methods in the way that you are the sole focus of a single therapist who helps you develop and achieve your goals for therapy.
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels like a heavy weight, individual therapy could help improve your everyday life. For some, individual therapy is a pathway to regaining control and healing from the past. Partnering with a therapist, who will offer support along the way, can be a big step toward empowerment and self love.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You find yourself worrying about the the future
- You handle challenges or disappointment by keeping your emotions to yourself
- You wish for understanding as to why you feel this way
- A part of you is interested in therapy, but worry about being judged
- Stress and challenging feelings are beginning to impact other areas of your life
- For once, you would like to have someone listen to your feelings and frustrations
- You would love to put yourself first, but there never seems to be a good time
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
You are not alone, and I here to help. We can partner together to create a plan for support that is customized especially for you. Reach out today for a consultation or to schedule your first appointment.